Roof InspectionsWhen a roof leaks, this means that water has penetrated the roof's
membrane, soaked the insulation and penetrated the deck. But all you
know for sure is where it comes through the ceiling. An infrared roof
moisture analysis helps pinpoint the location and extent of moisture
contaminated insulation underlying the roof membrane, saving you the
cost of repairing the undamaged roof. To view a sample report page, click here.
Benefits of infrared roof inspections:
- Eliminates costly rip-off and replacement of good roof - you pay for the repair of damaged roof only.
- Reduces excessive energy bills by removing all of your roof's heat-conducting wet insulation.
- Identifies and repairs small problems before they become serious and costly.
- Secures meaningful and accurate bids from roofers since you know exactly what needs repair or replacement.
- Documents your roof's problems with photographic evidence needed for warranties, bonds, or other legal purposes.
a successful single-ply re-roofing project and extends the life of your
present roof deck by eliminating all destructive sub-surface moisture.
As evidenced in the images below, infrared allows a trained
thermographer to locate areas of wet insulation which are invisible to
the naked eye.
The pattern of wet areas can vary depending on the location of leaks and
the type of insulation. The example below shows a rectangular pattern
which can often be seen in roofs with sheet insulation. Detection of
these areas will aid in locating leaks and help prevent long term damage
to the roof.
The size of anomalies detected may vary widely from small circular area
less than 2 ft. in diameter to large irregular shaped areas. In the
example below the detected area is 34 ft. X 17 ft. Large moisture
contaminated areas have the potential to damage decks and reduce energy
efficiency and may be the source of one or more leaks.